Unattractive metal fillings are now a thing of the past. Here at Shape Dental Clinic our dentists use tooth-coloured fillings. We replace old and failing silver fillings. This will provide you with a white, harmonious and healthy smile with no signs of dental work.
These modern fillings are matched to your tooth colour and bonded to the surface of your tooth for a stronger, more natural effect that you can expect to last for years to come.
Other advantages of tooth-coloured fillings include the removal of less tooth structure, a tighter seal between the filling and the tooth, and the ability to repair or add on as needed.
Silver (Amalgam) Filling disadvantages
● Amalgam fillings can expand with age and crack teeth
● They can lose their protective seal and start to decay
● Unaesthetic - cause grey/black staining within teeth
● Contain Mercury (see below)
● Non-adhesive unlike white fillings